Renewing your Apple Health (Medicaid) benefits
What you need to know and do.
What is Apple Health renewal?
It’s the way to see if you are eligible to keep getting Apple Health (Medicaid) benefits for another year. The Health Care Authority (HCA) will send you a notice saying you need to renew, for most people it’s every 12 months.
The notice will tell you:
- The date your documents are due
- What information you need to give
- What documents you need to send
- Ways you can renew
What documents will I need?
It will depend on what applies to you, so check your notice. You may need to send copies of:
- Household monthly income
- Social Security numbers
- Dates of birth
- Immigration info, if applicable
What happens if I miss the renewal due date?
If you've missed the deadline to renew, but you would like to continue coverage, please contact the HCA as soon as possible. If they find you eligible within 90 days after the date you lost coverage, they will cover you for the period you were without coverage.
Where can I go if I have more questions?
- Call Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633, TTY 1-855-627-9604, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Help is available in 175 languages and provided at no cost.
- Visit wahealthplanfinder.orgopens in a new tab
No longer qualify?
Visit uhc.com/staycovered opens in a new tab to learn more about coverage options available.
Choose how to renew
You can also fax or mail a copy of your documents. Mailing documents will delay processing.
Fax Number: 1-855-867-4467
P.O. Box 946
Olympia, WA 98507
IMPORTANT: Don’t mail documents if your deadline is less than 2 weeks away.
See your member benefits and other health plan details at myuhc.com/communityplan opens in a new tab