Renewing your Medicaid benefits
What you need to know and do.
What is Medicaid renewal?
It’s the way to see if you are eligible to keep getting Medicaid benefits for another year. The state will send you a notice saying you need to reapply for Medicaid, for most people it’s every 12 months.
The notice will tell you:
- The date your documents are due
- What information you need to give
- What documents you need to send
- Ways you can renew
What happens if I miss the renewal due date?
If you miss the renew due date, your benefits may end.
Where can I go if I have more questions?
- Visit the help page. opens in a new tab
- Call the HealthSource RI Contact Center at 1-855-651-7879.
- You can meet with a Navigator in your community to get help. Find a Navigator here opens in a new tab or call 1-855-651-7879.
No longer qualify?
Visit healthsourceri.com opens in a new tab to learn more about coverage options available.
Choose how to renew
Go to Healthyrhode.ri.gov opens in a new tab
Create or log into your account. Complete and submit forms online.
You can get a mail-in application here opens in a new tab or by calling or visiting a DHS office.
See your member benefits and other health plan details at myuhc.com/communityplan opens in a new tab