Renewing your Medicaid, Essential Plan and CHPlus benefits
What you need to know and do.
What is Medicaid and CHPlus renewal?
NY State of Health will send you a notice saying you need to reapply for Medicaid or CHPlus, for most people it’s every 12 months.
The notice will tell you what the next steps are and your renewal due date.
What documents will I need?
It will depend on what applies to you, so check your notice. You may need to send copies of:
- Your birth certificate or driver’s license/state ID
- Pay stubs or tax returns
- Bank statements
- Record of immigration status, if applicable
What happens if I miss the renewal due date?
If you miss the renewal due date, your coverage may end.
Where can I go if I have more questions?
- Call the NY State of Health Customer Service Center at 1-855-355-5777, TTY 1-800-662-1220.
- Find an Assistor or Navigator opens in a new tab who can help you.
- Visit NY State of Health opens in a new tab
If you no longer qualify for your current coverage we can help you complete your renewal or learn more about other coverage options.
Visit uhc.com/staycovered opens in a new tab to learn more about coverage options available.
Choose how to renew
See your member benefits and other health plan details at myuhc.com/communityplan opens in a new tab