Renewing your Medicaid benefits
What you need to know and do.
What is Medicaid renewal?
It’s the way to see if you are eligible to keep getting Medicaid benefits for another year. The state will send you a notice saying you need to reapply for Medicaid, for most people it’s every 12 months.
The notice will tell you:
- The date your documents are due
- What information you need to give
- What documents you need to send
- Ways you can renew
What documents will I need?
It will depend on what applies to you, so check your notice. You may need to send copies of:
- Your birth certificate or driver’s license/state ID
- Pay stubs or tax returns
- Proof of address
- Bills for housing, utilities and other expenses
- Medical records
- Record of immigration status
What happens if I miss the renewal due date?
If you miss the renew due date, your benefits may end.
Where can I go if I have more questions?
- Call the kynect Help Line: 1-855-4kynect (855-459-6328)
- Meet with a kynector. Call to learn more: 1-855-4kynect (855-459-6328)
- Visit the kynect Website: kynect.ky.gov opens in a new tab
Choose how to renew
Mail or fax your completed, signed application to:
Kentucky Office of the Health Benefit and Information Exchange
P.O. Box 2104
Frankfort, KY 40602
See your member benefits and other health plan details at myuhc.com/communityplan opens in a new tab