QUEST (Medicaid) renewal


What you need to know and do.


What is Medicaid renewal?

The State of Hawaii's Department of Human Services (DHS) Med-QUEST Division (MQD) reviews Medicaid cases to make sure Medicaid members are still eligible to keep getting medical assistance through Med-QUEST. Each year DHS sends a notice. If you have changes to report like change in address, income, or number of people in your household, you need to let MQD know by following the instructions in the notice and Renewal Form.

What documents will I need?

It will depend on what Med-QUEST needs from you in order to renew your eligibility. Open and read all mail from Med-QUEST. The letter will provide instructions and let you know if additional information is needed. Examples of what you may need to send:

  • Your birth certificate or driver’s license/state ID
  • Pay stubs or tax returns
  • Bank statements
  • Proof of address
  • Bills for housing, utilities and other expenses
  • Medical records
  • Record of immigration status

What happens if I miss the due date?

If you miss the due date, your benefits may end.

Where can I go if I have more questions?

No longer qualify?

Follow the instructions on the Adverse Notice sent by DHS. You can visit the Health Insurance Marketplace at opens in a new tab or call 1-800-318-2596 to learn more about non-Medicaid coverage options available.


Ways to update

computer icon


Visit your Kolea portal account at opens in a new tab

Log in or create an account. Follow the instructions to update your information.



office icon

In person

Go to a local Med-QUEST Eligibility Branch Office. Find locations here. opens in a new tab


phone icon

By phone

Call the State of Hawaii-Department of Human Services Med-QUEST Division at 1-800-316-8005, TTY/TDD 711.

phone icon

By mail

Mail or fax the Med-QUEST Division Eligibility Offices here. opens in a new tab


See your member benefits and other health plan details at opens in a new tab



Common Questions