Renewing your Medicaid benefits
What you need to know and do.
What is Medicaid renewal?
It’s the way to see if you are eligible to keep getting Medicaid benefits for another year. The state will send you a notice saying you need to reapply for Medicaid, for most people it’s every 12 months.
The notice will tell you:
- The date your documents are due
- What information you need to give
- What documents you need to send
- Ways you can renew
What documents will I need?
It will depend on what applies to you, so check your notice. You may need to send copies of:
- Your birth certificate or driver’s license/state ID
- Pay stubs or tax returns
- Bank statements
- Proof of address
- Bills for housing, utilities and other expenses
- Medical records
- Record of immigration status
What happens if I miss the renewal due date?
If you miss the renew due date, your benefits may end.
Where can I go if I have more questions?
- Call Health-e-Arizona PLUS at 1-855-HEA-PLUS.
- Visit healthearizonaplus.govopens in a new tab
No longer qualify?
Visit uhc.com/staycovered opens in a new tab to learn more about coverage options available.
Choose how to renew
Go to healthearizonaplus.gov/Login/Defaultopens in a new tab
Create or log into your account. Complete and submit forms online.
Complete your paperwork and mail it to:
Arizona Department of Economic Security Family Assistance Administration
PO Box 19009
Phoenix, AZ 85005
See your member benefits and other health plan details at myuhc.com/communityplan opens in a new tab